It’s true that most people choose to move during the summer, whether it’s by choice or because of scheduling necessities. In fact, the nation’s peak season for moving starts Mid-May and ends the first week of September—and an estimated 70% of household relocations happen during this time. However, as convenient as the summertime might seem for moving, spring can be an even better time to plan a relocation (and is considered by many to be the ideal season for moving).
At Frisbie Moving & Storage, we’ve been in the moving business since 1930—and are proud to provide outstanding relocation services for our customers in Southeastern Michigan and around the world. While we’ve always been busy in the spring season, we can’t help but notice the growing popularity of families and businesses choosing this time of the year to plan and execute their moving projects.
As spring becomes more and more popular for residential and commercial moving, we’ve put together this list of tips to help you find the best Michigan moving companies to help you plan a successful move this season.
Professional Springtime Moving Solutions
While spring moving can be easier than during other times of the year, moving can be a struggle no matter the season. That’s why most choose to hire professional movers to help with moving projects in the spring, summer, fall, or winter—to experience less stress, better organization, and an overall more enjoyable moving experience.
Moving companies vary in the type of services and the quality they offer, which is why it’s so important to carefully research the companies you’re thinking of hiring. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the company you’re considering is licensed and insured, and has the resources and experience you can trust to know you’re in good hands.
Here are some of the most important factors to look for when evaluating moving companies in Michigan:
- State-of-the-Art Equipment: Nothing makes a move more physically challenging than having to navigate large, heavy, and bulky furniture through narrow hallways or up flights of stairs. This is especially true if you or your movers lack the necessary equipment to get the job done. Professional movers will have dollies, straps, and boards at the very least, and other state-of-the-art moving equipment to make their jobs easier, safer, and faster. Look for professional Ann Arbor moving companies that count with a modern fleet of high-tech equipment and vans and/or trucks that are designed especially for moving.
- Expert Packing Experience: Packing can and has been done incorrectly numerous times both by homeowners and inexperienced or unqualified movers. Hiring a truly professional moving company can save you this headache thanks to the additional training and practical experience regular movers gain over their tenure. Besides keeping everything safe and secure, you can also count on decent savings since they won’t be wasting extra materials or boxes in their packing efforts.
- Affiliations with International Van Lines: The best moving companies in Michigan realize they can’t be experts in every single aspect of the move. These professionals may be partners with a van line, shipping service, or a storage company to enjoy better access to top-quality, world-class resources all over the world, and a comprehensive support structure designed to accommodate your specific moving needs from day one.
- Storage Options Matter: We briefly mentioned storage before. This is for a good reason. Many moves have complications or delays, even when your belongings are in transit. Your moving company should be able to support you with short or long-term storage options. Plus, security and inventory management should be a part of the package so you can relax knowing everything you own is accounted for.
- Personalized Moving Coordinators: This is not a tip one sees pop up very often, but it should be. It’s acceptable to have a team of professional movers that can handle the physical parts of your move. It’s exceptional to have a dedicated person who can be the liaison between yourself and the movers responsible for keeping everything running smoothly. Consider a moving company that offers a dedicated move coordinator. You’ll thank yourself when the move is complete.
All-in-One Moving with Frisbie Moving and Storage
The team at Frisbie Moving and Storage has been consistently perfecting the art of the move for almost 80 years. As new techniques, services, and equipment became available, we’ve adopted them into our own repertoire of resources and advanced solutions to deliver an unmatched moving experience for our customers. From the pre-planning stage to the final unpacking of the last box in your new home, we strive to exceed expectations every step of the way.
To help us accomplish that goal, we’re proud to serve as an agent of the renowned national company, United Van Lines. We also go the extra mile to protect your furniture with our ClearGuardSM, clear plastic materials designed to be an extra layer of protection for your belongings.
Ready to start your move? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional moving services or fill out our online form to schedule your free, in-home quote.